Ah. The taste of pure bliss.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
1/3 cup boiling water
1/2 teaspoon Knox gelatin powder
4 tablespoon brown sugar
6 egg yolks
2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1+1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 packages of Knox gelatin powder (14g)
- To make the dark syrup, mix the gelatin powder with the brown sugar, and then pour it into the boiling water. As soon as they melted, pour them into containers and let it cool.
- For the pudding, beat the egg yolks in a large bowl.
- Pour milk and water into a small pot and heat it up. When it becomes warm, stir in the gelatin powder and sugar and mix well.
- When the liquid comes to a boil, turn it off and then slowly stir it into the egg yolks along with the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled syrup and refrigerate until firm.
For a richer flavor, you can try substituting water and milk with condense milk mix with water or heavy cream.