Kids love this desert on a hot summer day! It's not too sweet, and it helps prevent pimples and nose bleeds!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
One package of mung beans washed
1 package of rock sugar
- Pour the mung beans into a large pot and add water (enough to cover the beans by 1").
- Boil it for 10 mins and then turn off the heat.
- With the lid on and stove off, let the mung beans sit in the water for 10 mins.
- Fill the pot with as much water as you want and then bring to a boil. Turn off the stove as soon as you see the skin of the mung beans cracking open. This is so that you won't over cook it.
- Add the sugar into the pot and stir it.
You can eat this desert hot AND cold. In winter time, eat it warm. In the summer, add ice cubes to it.
This is the type of sugar that's more preferable in making deserts in Taiwan because it's not as sweet.